[Legacy] Possible Password Problems
You might want to check these possible solutions first; they are issues that can cause these sorts of problems. If one of these is the solution, you could be back online immediately.
- Are you starting in the right place? Go to www.therapyappointment.com and click the "Therapist Login" link in the upper right hand corner.
- Is your CAPS lock turned on? Passwords are case sensitive (i.e. "PassWord" is not the same as "password") and require a mix of both uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Are you using the auto-fill feature of your web browser? The auto-save/auto-fill feature for password information can sometimes store incorrect password information. Make sure to delete what is being populated, and manually type in what you know to be your password.
- Password specifications require a password at least 8 characters long, and must include at least one uppercase letter, at least one lowercase letter, and at least one number. Does the password you're typing in comply with these specifications?
- If the system is asking for a secondary password, are you aware that this is different from your primary password? The secondary password is only used to authorize a computer that the system doesn't recognize, so it is very rarely used. If you are connected with other accounts in a group, this secondary password is shared by ALL members of that group.
- If none of this seems to help, please contact us via the link at the bottom of this page, or by e-mailing "email@example.com".