Magellan - Rejection Code RC142
Magellan 01260 is especially problematic (annoying) because they require the Payer ID number to be with the insurance company name, which is different from all other insurance companies.
Here's the fix:
- On the left of your screen, click on Practice Settings.
- Next click on the tab Billing & Insurance.
- You will see a panel of options.
- You want the one on the bottom left insurance features.
- Click Set Up. Here you will see a list of insurance companies you have already added.
- Find Magellan.
- Click the Edit button on the right hand side.
- Change the 'Company Name' to read Magellan Payer ID 01260.
- Remove the text in the box 'Payer ID' (This needs to be blank).
- Enter the complete PO Box address that your Magellan requires you to use.
- Click Save and Done at the bottom.