From time to time, you may need to edit and distribute a client payment in the system. Read on to find out how!
- Clients (left menu)
- Click on the Billing (top tab)
- Click on the words Unapplied Payments, or the pencil icon to open up the invoice edit tool:
- Remove the Unapplied Payment amount from the Payment column on the far right bottom of the screen ($150 in this example)
- Enter the Payment amount on the line(s) for the DOS the payment needs to be applied to ($50 each x 3 in this example)
⚠️ Note: If there is money left over, you will see a similar orange bar below "Payment Distribution" that shows you "Off by $ -xx.xx"
- Enter that amount on the Unapplied Payment line in the far right Payment column
⚠️ Note: If there is too much money distributed, you will see a similar orange bar below "Payment Distribution" that shows you "Off by $ xx.xx"
- You should closely and manually review the total amounts for each line, and how much you are off by
- Tip: Make sure you have removed the unapplied payment amount in the far right column
- Once it is all balanced you will be able to proceed
- Then click