Aging Claims are claims that have not been closed (neither paid nor denied) within the set aging claim threshold (x number of days after claim submission).
The aging claims threshold defaults to 45 days after submission, but the default can be changed in your Practice Settings (more details below).
Read on for more information about this handy feature to ensure that "nothing falls through the cracks!"
View or Edit Aging Claim Default Threshold
To change the default from 45 days, click:
- Practice Settings
- Billing & Insurance (top row of tabs)
- Under the section Claim Features
- Find "Aging Claim Threshold"
- Click the Configure it here link (shown below):
Reviewing Aging Claims
To review the list of aging claims, go to:
- Billing & Insurance (left menu)
- Under "Claim Actions"
- Find the "Review Aging Claims" and click the Review button
While reviewing aging claims, you can filter the results based on the Insurance Company, age of the claim, or by the client's name.
Select any of the filters in the buttons on top, or click Filters shown below:
- Insurance Company
- Date of Service
- Submission Date
- Minimum Claim Age (Days)
Checking off a claim will allow you to Resubmit the claim(s) selected.
Tip: To select all, click the top checkbox to the left of the Therapist column.
⚠️ We do not recommend resubmitting aging claims without first investigating why insurance has not paid you within the aging claims threshold.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the insurance company directly to determine the cause of this issue.
If you need to change the status of a claim in the aging claims list, do the following:
- Click View on the far right of the claim
- Click the Claim button at the top right
- From the dropdown menu, you can select a new claim status: