Creating Custom CPT Codes
Needing to use customized CPT codes?
TherapyAppointment 2.0 offers options to manage a variety of codes:
- Standard codes: required for billing insurance claims
- Add-on codes: used in addition to Standard CPT codes for insurance billing
- Custom codes: Unique service codes that will not be billed to insurance
- System codes: Used for Late Cancellations and No-Show Fees
This article discusses Custom CPT Codes
Custom Codes will NOT populate on Claims and Superbills
In This Article:
Custom CPT Codes (Practice-level)
To access and manage custom CPT codes:
- Cclick Practice Settings from the left-hand menu
- Then click on the Billing & Insurance top tab
- Select Set Up on the 'CPT Codes > Custom Codes' line
- To customize codes, click , located at the bottom of the Custom Codes section
- Enter up to a 5-Character code and Description along with an applicable fee. If there is 'no charge' for the service, add 0.00 as the charge.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save to save the changes
**NOTE: Custom codes WILL NOT populate on claims. If you need to add a CPT code that will be included on an insurance claim/is a standard or add-on CPT code, navigate to the "Standard" or "Add-On" code section (either above, or below the Custom) and follow this same process to create a new code.
Custom CPT Codes (Provider-level)
To manage and customize provider-level CPT code settings, follow the same steps as above with one variation:
- Click Practice Settings, then Billing & Insurance
- Scroll down the page to the section titled Therapist Specific CPT Codes.
- Select the Therapist whose codes are being edited.
- Proceed as illustrated in the steps above.
As a provider, to manage and customize your own provider-level CPT code settings, follow these steps:
- Go to My Profile, under CPT Settings click the blue Set Up button:
- You'll then be presented with this screen, starting with Standard (CPT) Codes:
- Scroll down and you'll see Custom (CPT) Codes:
- Once completed, click the blue save button at the bottom right.