Creating Custom CPT Codes
The CPT code setup includes Standard codes (fees you charge for the CPT codes used on claims), Add-on codes (used to modify claims), Custom codes (additional codes your practice uses), and System codes (late cancellations and no shows).
Custom CPT code (Practice-level)
To access CPT code sections for customization, click Practice Settings from the left-hand menu, select the Billing & Insurance top tab. Within the 'CPT Codes' section, click Set Up.
For a practice that uses the same CPT code settings across the board for consistent CPT code prices, selection, and offerings.
- Click the button, located at the end of the Standard CPT Codes
- Enter a Code
- Enter a Name (description)
- If applicable, include a fee, time reserved, and/or session duration
**NOTE: Custom codes will not populate on claims. To add a CPT code that will be present on claims, add to the "Standard" or "Add-On" code list as appropriate.
Custom CPT code (Therapist-level)
For a therapist that uses different CPT code (customized) settings than either the practice or other therapists in the practice, based on CPT code prices, selection, and offerings.
- Click on My Profile from the left-hand menu
- Select Billing & Insurance from the top tabs
- Within the CPT Codes section, click the Set Up option [if not set up yet] OR
- Edit to modify existing therapist-specific CPT codes
To revert back to practice level CPT codes, go to My Profile > Billing & Insurance > CPT Settings > [Reset Codes]