Adding an Insurance Company
Understanding how to add insurance information within 2.0 is an important aspect of the life cycle of an individual or group practice. Instructions below showcase how to add a new insurance company within TherapyAppointment 2.0:
- Click Practice Settings from the left-hand menu
- Select the Billing & Insurance top tab
- Navigate down to the 'Insurance Features' section
- Click the button
- Click the button (top right of the screen)
At this point two options appear: 'Search' and 'Manually Add Insurance Company'. If opting for the 'Search' feature, search our insurance database by Insurance Company Name or Payer ID.
Enter the name of the insurance company (or the Payer ID) in the field provided and select the insurance company being added from the drop-down list.
An option is provided to add the insurance company's claims mailing address / date contracted, as well as various other options.
Setting up Magellan
Magellan (Payer ID 01260) is very picky about their address format, requiring claims to populate in a very specific way. For this reason, Magellan must be added manually.
To Add Magellan:
- Go to Manually Add Insurance Company
- Enter Magellan Payer ID: 01260 in the Company Name field
- Press the button. *Do not enter a Payer ID number in the 'Payer ID' field; it should stay blank
- Enter Magellan's claims mailing address in the fields provided
- Press the Save and Done or Save and Add another option at the bottom