Refund Client Payment
Looking for quick access to process a refund from a client payment? Need to refund a recent credit card charge?
Below we offer quick steps to select and refund various client payment types.
If it is a payment with an integrated card processor, the total amount of the payment must be refunded.
You are unable to refund partial payments from directly within TherapyAppointment, but can do so within your respective card processor portal and manually post the refund in the system.
Refunding a Payment
- Click Billing & Insurance from the left-hand menu
- Select the button
- Chose Patient Payments and Refunds from the drop-down
- Define the 'Payment Date', 'Therapist', 'Client' information
- Only select the Payment Type desired (such as 'Credit Card Payment' or 'Check Payment')
- Click Search
- Select the payment line item to be refunded
- Click the button
- Then Save Refund
From the Client Billing Tab
To refund from the client billing tab, follow these instructions:
- Clients (left menu)
- Click on the client name
- Click the top center Billing tab:
- Click on the Client Payment line you wish to refund
- Then click the blue button