External Agents Serving TherapyAppointment Customers
TherapyAppointment offers a special account type for administrative staff that assist with scheduling, billing, and other tasks for therapists. Front Office Staff for a group of independent providers can use this type of account to access the accounts of a set of independent therapists who share office space. Billing and Practice Management companies who are at a remote location can use these accounts to assist a variety of customers from one login. There is no charge for using this type of account.
External Agents who have a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) signed with the businesses that use TherapyAppointment 2.0. Even if you are employed as front office staff for a group of independent providers, we recommend that you have a signed with each independent provider you assist. This is absolutely necessary if you are a billing agent located elsewhere.
If the group practice is a "true" group (i.e. an incorporated group practice with its own Tax ID or EIN) this type of account is not necessary; an "admin" account may be used instead by an employee of the group. In this situation, a signed BAA is not necessary under HIPAA.
How to create an External Agent Account:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for an External Biller Account to be set up for you. We will need your name, address, phone number and email address in order to set up the account.
- Receive a set up email from TherapyAppointment. Click the link to set up your username and password for the account.
Once your account is created, you will be able to log in right from the www.therapyappointment.com website by going to Therapist Login / 2.0 or you can bookmark this login page directly on your preferred browser: https://portal.therapyappointment.com/index.cfm/public:auth/login
If you have administrative colleagues working with you in the front office of a group of independent practitioners, or additional persons working for your Billing/Management business, set up logins for them!
- Go to Settings / Select the Staff tab at the top of the screen, then select the + New button at the top right.
- Click on Additional Agents and enter the Name and Email address of the employee you wish to invite.
- This will send them an email invitation to set up their own username and password.
To add an independent therapist (or, if you are part of a billing company, a business) that you are managing to your account:
- Go to the Home screen and select New Customer.
- Ask a manager/owner of that business to go to Practice Settings / Staff / and Select + New External Agent. It’s best to be on the phone together as you go through this process.
- There's a help article available for them as well. Click Here to View.
- When you’re both ready, click continue on your screens.
- Provide your customer the Token and Code (or send them via email) and ask them to enter them into the provided fields, then ask them to click ‘connect’.
- If they were successful, Click on the button 'My Customer Entered Codes Successfully.'
- If they were unsuccessful and you need to generate all new codes, select 'Create New Codes.'
- Ask your customer to add you as an ‘additional role’ by clicking the Profile Button for your Name on their screen. They can now grant you access to their account as a manager, records custodian, biller, or scheduler.
We recommend the ‘manager role’ in order to access all of the insurance settings and companies if you are responsible for account set up or managing insurance settings and CPT codes.
- From the External Agent Role: Select ‘All Done’ and return to the home screen. Now you will have a list of your customers on your home screen.
Loading Existing Practices - Already Added
- Click on their name under the section 'Your Customers' to go to their practice and manage things within the practice as you’re normally used to doing.
- You will see the name of the customer under your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Go back to Agency View
- To leave this customer and go to a different one, click on your name at the top right corner and select ‘Back to Agency’ to return to your home screen.