Accounts for External Agents serving multiple TherapyAppointment Customers
account_circle This article is intended for:External Agents who have a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) signed with businesses that use TherapyAppointment. Even if you are employed as front office staff for a group of independent providers, we recommend that you have a signed with each independent provider you assist. This is absolutely necessary if you are a billing agent located elsewhere.
help What:TherapyAppointment offers a special account type for Ancillary Companies who manage the administrative and billing aspects of multiple practices using TherapyAppointment as their software. Some examples are:
- Front Office Staff for a group of independent providers who share office space.
- Professional Billing and Practice Management Companies who work remotely.
If the group practice is a "true" group (i.e. an incorporated group practice with its own Tax ID or EIN) this type of account is not necessary; an "admin" account may be used instead by an employee of the group (article here). In this situation, a signed BAA is not necessary under HIPAA.
There is no charge for this type of account.
In this Article:
- How to Create an External Agent Account
- Add Your Coworkers or Employees to Your Account
- Connect to a Provider or Group That You Work With
- Loading your List of Existing Practices or Providers
- While in a Practice: Go back to Agency View
How to Create an External Agent Account
mail Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for an External Biller Account to be set up for you. We need the following from you in order to setup an account:
- Full Address
- Phone number
- Email address
Drafts We will then send you a set up email. Click the link to set up your username and password for the account:
Once your account is set up, you will be able to log in right from either:
1. Our main page: www.therapyappointment.com
Click Login (top right):
2. Or you can bookmark the direct login page on your browser: https://portal.therapyappointment.com
Add Your Coworkers or Employees to Your Account
If you have administrative colleagues working with you in the front office of a group of independent practitioners, or additional persons working for your Billing/Management business, set up logins for them!
This will create them as another external agent under your agency. To do this, go to:
- Select the Staff tab (top)
- Then select the button at the top right:
- Enter their name and email address and click
- This will send them an email invitation to set up their account identical to the one you received initially
Connect to a Provider or Group That You Work With
- Go to your Home screen (left menu)
- Ask a manager/owner of that business to follow the steps in this article: External Agent Access to Your Account (provider)
- When you’re both ready, click continue
- Provide your customer the Token and Code (or send them via email):
- Ask them to enter them into the provided fields
- Then ask them to click on their end
- If they were successful, Click on the button
- If they were unsuccessful and you need to generate all new codes, select
- Ask your customer to add your roles first (documented in their article)
- From the External Agent Role: Select and return to the home screen.
Once your role(s) have been turned on by the practice, you should then see that practice in your list of your customers on your Home screen.
Loading your List of Existing Practices or Providers
- Immediately after signing in, on the Home screen you should see the section Your Customers
- Under, each practice will be listed here in alphabetical order:
- To load a practice, click on their name under this section
- From here, you'll be entered into the Practice View
- Here you have access to the practice as a staff member based on your roles, with all menu options listed on the left
- You will also see the name of the customer under your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
Go back to Agency View
Need to switch to another practice? To leave this practice and go to a different one, either:
- Click Home (left menu)
- Or click on your name at the top right corner, then click