Does your group practice use a team-treatment model? Are you transferring a client from one therapist to a different one? Does a client see multiple providers, perhaps for different reasons?
Using TherapyAppointment's chart sharing feature makes this process easy!
There are two ways you can share a client in the system:
- Share just the demographics and non-clinical documents and forms (for that article, click here)
- Share the demographics, clinical and non-clinical documents and forms, and chart note records
This article documents the second option.
Share a Client
To share a client and their records, go to:
- Clients (left menu)
- Select the client's name to bring up their profile
- Select the Records top tab
- Navigate to the Chart Sharing section
⚠️ Hint: jump directly to it by selecting Chart Sharing from the right hand menu
- Find the provider you wish to share FROM and click on their section name
Example below: Stephen Strange's Records
- Under, find the provider you wish to share it with
- Click the far right blue button
Note: If the top provider is not the one you wish to share from, click on the name of the provider from the list below the top provider to reveal their sharing options, example shown below:
- Once you click share, you're presented with a sharing options screen:
- By default, we don't share private psychotherapy notes but this can be changed here
- When done, click
Once shared, here's what that section should look like. Note the shared status and a button.
Sharing a Client: What Happens?
When you share a client with another provider this way:
visibility This client is now visible under their clients
contact_page Access to view/edit the client profile and demographics
(and all client profile tabs, the billing tab requires the attach_money role)
menu_book Access to clinical chart note records
description Access to both clinical and non-clinical documents on file or completed forms