Fax Referral Source
Although TherapyAppointment is not intended to replace your existing faxing solution, our Fax Referral Source can be utilized in several instances involving external provider communication and coordinating/updating care with your clients.
Fax a Referral Source
To use this handy tool, from the client profile screen, select:
- Records (top tab):
- Navigate to the section Fax Referral Source
- Click the blue button:
- The top To field pulls from your list of Practice Contacts
- The fax number can also be changed manually while sending the fax
- If you need to edit this first, use the Practice Contacts (left menu) to add your contact, or ask your owner or manager to add one for you
- More information about that feature can be found here: Practice Contacts
The system conveniently pre-fills message details about the client with information pulled from client session notes and records (Client information, Dx, if a treatment plan exists, and if a follow-up appointment has been scheduled).
Edits can easily be made to the note. Determine whether this interaction is to be documented in the client record and/or entered into the PHI log.
Review the created fax cover page, then Send Fax.
Additional options for faxing include:
- Creating a Quick Note entry for the fax (optional)
- PHI release log details indicating who you released the information to, what was released, and the purpose of release (required)
Once complete, click to send the fax.