Entering an EOB: Individual Client
Looking to manage payment amounts from an insurance company for a specific date of service?
Read on below where we explain how to enter individual client Explanation of Benefits (EOB) into the system.
Enter an Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
Follow these steps:
- Click Clients (left menu)
- Click the client's name, bringing you to their profile
- Click the Billing top tab
- Click the button:
- Billing & Insurance (left menu)
- Click (top right)
- Enter the client name on the right and click
- Within the 'Insurance Payment' section enter the Payment Amount
- Define the Payment Method ('check' or 'ACH')
- From the drop-down menu select the insurance company:
- Enter the Reference/Check # (optional)
Many times an EOB is not able to be saved because the total payment amount that is applied to services has not been placed in the top box!
After entering the Payment Amount, remember to distribute the amount within the Services and Benefits section. Within that section are defined columns for Date of Service, payment amount, adjustments, etc:
If the Date of Service is still not visible, uncheck the option Only Show Open Claims:
- Next, enter the amount the insurance company paid on the line that matches the Date of Service on the check in the open column labeled Ins. Payment:
- Enter the insurance company adjustment information within the open Ins. Adjustment column