Portal Invalid Link
From time to time, clients (or staff members) report not receiving their portal registration email. Another issue may arise around receiving invalid links when attempting to set up their client portal (or staff) account.
**NOTE: The portal link can only go to one email address. For example, a couple can have one email set up to their client/patient portal. The person with portal access would provide their partner with the username/password. The alternative option to this is to add the spouse separately, sending them their own portal link.
Invalid Link: Client or Staff Login
Email Not Received (or found)
- Have someone verify and confirm the current email address on file is correct
- Next, check for any common misspellings or typos (for example - .cmo, or .net instead of .com)
- Have the client search their inbox for an email from "email@example.com" -- it also may have been sent to "Spam" or "Trash"
- If the client finds an email for registration from that email, have them click on it within 48 hours to create their new username/password
**NOTE: If the client does not click the email link sent from within 48 hours (or if they clicked an old link sent) they will receive the following error page:
Invalid link: Clicked on Recent Invite
- Inform the client to first delete all emails sent from "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Within TherapyAppointment navigate to:
- My Clients
- Locate and select your client
- Navigate to "Client Portal Login" section
- Under 'Credentials' click Send New Client Portal Invitation
- Have them click on that new link within 48 hours, which will prompt them to set up a client portal account (see the screenshot below):
Invalid Link: Further Troubleshooting
Sometimes the issue is outside of our control, such as an email provider handling the link as a redirect in an odd way, or the page has been refreshed the page too many times (which would cause the page to display an invalid link).
Follow the same steps as above, and also perform the following:
- Have the client right-click on the link within the email to copy the link
- They will open a new browser window, and paste that address into the address bar
- Then hit Enter/Return (this should load the invitation properly)