Client Portal: Overview
TherapyAppointment has made the client/patient portal user-friendly, so that clients have quick access to pertinent information.
Once in the Client Portal, the Dashboard offers clients quick access to view important tasks, such as: Account Setup, Appointments, Assigned Documents, Account Balance, and the ability to manage Insurance Information within the Account.
Within the Article:
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Making a Payment
- Client Portal: Menu Options
Tasks On The Dashboard
Above is a client portal dashboard once signed in for the first time.
From the dashboard you'll notice the following explained in depth below but includes: 2-factor authentication, insurance information, view appointments & client responsibility, make payments, access assigned documents to complete, etc.
- Two-Factor Authentication keeps the client account more secure.
- Although not a requirement to set up, TherapyAppointment strongly encourages enacting this additional protection. The client is notified via email when logging in from an unrecognized device
- Once enabled, the client will be prompted to enter the two factor code when signing in from an unrecognized device
View Client Documents
Similar to "unread notifications" in other apps, clients will be shown this when they have either documents assigned to them:
Clicking on My Docs & Forms takes them to the page of their available forms:
Clients can click My Insurance (left menu) to manage health insurance details.
- No Insurance: indicates self or private pay
- I Have Insurance: allows you to include health insurance information (sent to staff to review in client profile under Primary Insurance section)
- Complete the required insurance items within, then click button at the bottom
Schedule & View Appointments
Upcoming scheduled appointments are easily viewed from the dashboard in the bottom section, as well as the My Appointments section.
Here we denote if the appointment is telehealth, or in person (and if so list the address)
If the provider has offered self-scheduling access, creating an appointment is easily available within the client portal.
- From the Dashboard, clients can self-schedule by clicking the button (top right)
- The system will then show clients available dates & times based on provider availability, similar to below:
Your Responsibility / Balance
The client account balance appears within the Balance section on the client's right hand menu of the Dashboard:
(Shown including ability to make a payment, view account [billing], and an ability to create a statement)
To view additional Account History and Payments made, click the View Account button here, or the left menu option: $ My Account
Making a Payment
- From the portal Dashboard, click the green button
- Click $ Make Payment (left menu)
- If needed adjust payment amount, then either enter card details or use a saved card on file to make a payment, it's that easy!
Client Portal : Menu Options
⚙️ My Profile
- The profile allows clients to update and edit most demographics and settings for their account.
- Clients may edit:
- Photo ID
- Phone Numbers & Emails
- Reminder Settings
- Contacts (including responsible party)
- Credit Cards on File
- As well as the right menu (shown below as well)
- View / Change Username
- Password Reset
- View Login History
- View/Download Terms of Service
- Ask a Question to a scheduler or biller staff member, or one of their providers
- This is similar to the client Profile view from the staff side, example client profile shown below:
🗓️ My Appointments
- This section shows all upcoming appointments for a client.
- They can also confirm and cancel appointments based on the provider's allowed settings, configurable in a provider's My Profile area.
- On the far right they can also print their list of upcoming appointments
- They can also self schedule an appointment either from here or the Dashboard
✉️ My Messages
This is our free, HIPAA compliant messaging. No need to pay for another compliant email solution, we have you covered!
- This shows a list of messages that clients can view and reply to from any staff members.
- Clients can send a message to their provider here
- We also support message attachments up to 10Mb!
- Send a document or picture that may be needed this way
Article: Sending Messages
This article covers that process: Ask a Scheduler or Biller
💵 My Account
This allows clients to perform the following:
- View and print receipts for payments made
- View and print (or save) Superbills, Flex Spending Statements, as well as standard Statements
- Make a payment
This view is similar to their Billing tab in their profile from the staff side, without the ability to edit:
💵 Make Payment
This allows clients to make a payment on their account.
They can specify the amount paid, and opt to either enter a new card on file, or use a card already saved on file within their profile.
📄 My Docs & Forms
This allows clients to complete any assigned:
💳 My Insurance
This allows clients to input their insurance information, or specify they are a private pay client without any insurance.
Already have insurance entered?
Within My Insurance (left menu) clients can re-enter their insurance details.
Click the button :
From here, clients can input their new insurance information: