Client Portal: Overview
TherapyAppointment has made the client/patient portal user-friendly, so that clients have quick access to pertinent information.
Once in the Client Portal, the Dashboard offers clients quick access to view important tasks, such as: Account Setup, Appointments, Assigned Documents, Account Balance, and the ability to manage Insurance Information within the Account.
Within the Article:
Tasks On The Dashboard
Above is a client portal dashboard once signed in for the first time.
From the dashboard you'll notice the following:
- Two-Factor Authentication keeps the client account more secure.
- Although not a requirement to set up, TherapyAppointment strongly encourages enacting this additional protection. The client is notified via email when logging in from an unrecognized device
- Once enabled, the client will be prompted to enter the two factor code when signing in from an unrecognized device
Note: Clients can change this either from the dashboard, or under their My Profile area
View Client Documents
Clients will be shown this when they have either documents assigned to them:
Note: Clients are shown on the left hand menu the number of uncompleted documents, highlighted below:
Clicking on My Docs & Forms takes them to the page of their available forms:
Provide Insurance Information
Clients can click within the 'Account Set Up' section to manage health insurance details.
- ‘No Insurance’ indicates self-pay
- Select ‘I Have Insurance’ to include health insurance information
- Complete the line items within, then Save
Note: want to collect this information during client registration (clients created either self-registered or by staff)? Please check this article out: Client registration process
Schedule & View Appointments
Upcoming scheduled appointments are easily viewed from the dashboard in the bottom section.
If the provider has offered self-scheduling access, creating an appointment is easily available within the client portal.
- Clients self-schedule by clicking the top right button Schedule New Appointment
- The system will then show clients available dates & times based on provider availability, similar to below:
Note: Having an issue with clients not being able to schedule?
Please first check our most common causes to this, article here: Client Self-Scheduling - Common Issues
Your Responsibility / Balance
The client account balance appears within the Balance section.To view additional Account History and Payments made, click the left menu $ My Account option
Making a Payment
Note: To make a client payment online, the Provider must first integrate their card processor details (under Practice Settings : Billing & Insurance : Payment Processing)
- From the portal Dashboard, select to
- Click My Account from the left-hand menu
Client Portal : Menu Options
⚙️ My Profile
- The profile allows clients to update and edit most demographics and settings for their account.
- Namely, they can edit:
- Phone Number
- Reminder Settings
- Credit Cards on File
- As well as: View/Change Username, Password Reset, View Login History, View/Download Terms of Service, and Ask a Question to a scheduler/biller staff member, or one of their providers.
- This is similar to the client Profile view from the staff side, example client profile shown below:
🗓️ My Appointments
- This section shows all upcoming appointments for a client.
- They can also confirm and cancel appointments based on the provider's allowed settings, configurable in a provider's My Profile area.
- They can also self schedule an appointment either from here or the Dashboard
✉️ My Messages
This shows a list of messages that clients can view and reply to from any staff members
Clients can send a message to their provider.
Note: Need to reach out to a billing or scheduler designated by their settings?
This article covers that process: Ask a Scheduler or Biller
💵 My Account
This allows clients to perform the following:
- View and print receipts for payments made
- View and print (or save) Superbills, Flex Spending Statements, as well as regular Statements
- Make a payment
(this view is similar to their Billing tab in their profile, without the ability to edit):
📄 My Docs & Forms
This allows clients to complete any assigned:
💳 My Insurance
This allows clients to input their insurance information, or specify they are a private pay client without any insurance.