Client Portal: Overview
Once in the Client Portal, the Dashboard offers clients a quick overview of their account.
The left menu also provides clients a link to other important areas in their account.
Within this Article:
From the Dashboard:
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Appointments (scheduling & print appointment list)
- Making a Payment
Left Menu Options:
Tasks On The Dashboard
Above is a client portal dashboard once signed in for the first time.
From the dashboard you'll notice the following explained in depth below and includes: 2-factor authentication, view/edit profile, insurance information, view/create appointments, view billing details, make payments, view/fill out assigned documents or forms, etc.
- Two-Factor Authentication keeps the client account more secure.
- Although not a requirement to set up, TherapyAppointment strongly encourages enacting this additional protection. The client is notified via email when logging in from an unrecognized device
- Once enabled, the client will be prompted to enter the two factor code when signing in from an unrecognized device
Schedule & View Appointments
- Upcoming scheduled appointments up to a year out are displayed on the dashboard
- They can also confirm and cancel appointments based on the provider's allowed settings
- Here we denote if the appointment is telehealth, or in person
- In person appointments also include the address, as well as a handy link to Google or Apple maps:
At the top right of the dashboard, clients can opt to either:
- Schedule New Appointment
- Print [upcoming] Appointment List
Scheduling an appointment will bring the client to our scheduling page. Click on the top 3 elements (who, what, where) and the system will automatically show slots based on availability.
Your Responsibility / Balance
The client account balance appears within the Balance section on the client's right hand menu of the Dashboard:
- Here, clients can opt to either make a payment, or view their account (billing) details.
- Alternatively, they can also use the left menu option $My Account
Making a Payment
- From the portal Dashboard, click the green button (shown above)
- If needed you can adjust the payment amount (we default to the total) then enter your card details or use a saved card on file to make a payment, it's that easy!
Alternatively, you can click $ Make Payment (left menu)
Client Portal : Menu Options
⚙️ My Profile
- The profile allows clients to update and edit most demographics and settings for their account.
- Clients may edit:
- Photo ID
- Phone Numbers & Emails
- Reminder Settings
- Contacts (including responsible party)
- Credit Cards on File
- As well as the right menu (shown below as well)
- View / Change Username
- Password Reset
- View Login History
- View/Download Terms of Service
- Ask a Question to a scheduler or biller staff member, or one of their providers
- This is similar to the client Profile view from the staff side, example client profile shown below:
Clients also do not have access to view or edit Customizable Client Demographics, those are only visible and editable by staff.
✉️ My Messages
This is our free, HIPAA compliant messaging. No need to pay for another compliant email solution, we have you covered!
- This shows a list of messages that clients can view and reply to from any staff members.
- Clients can send a message to their provider here
- We also support message attachments up to 10Mb
Article: Sending Messages
This article covers that process: Ask a Scheduler or Biller
💵 My Account
This allows clients to perform the following:
- View and print receipts for payments made - just click on the Client Payment line (example below)
- View and print (or save) Superbills, Flex Spending Statements, as well as standard Statements
- Make a payment
This view is similar to their Billing tab in their profile from the staff side, without the ability to edit:
💵 Make Payment
This allows clients to make a payment on their account.
We default to the entire owed amount, but they can specify the amount paid, and opt to either enter a new card on file or use a card already saved on file on their profile.
📄 My Docs & Forms
This allows clients to complete any assigned:
Just click the form to either load the form to complete, or view the already submitted form response.
💳 My Insurance
This allows clients to input or review their insurance information.
If no details have been entered, they should see these options:
- No Insurance: indicates self or private pay
- I Have Insurance: allows you to input your health insurance information. Note that this is available to staff for review in the client profile under the Primary Insurance section
- Complete the required insurance items within, then click button at the bottom
Already have insurance entered?
Within My Insurance (left menu) clients can re-enter their insurance details.
Click the button :
From here, clients can input their new insurance information: