Standard Client Documents
Standard Client Documents are .pdf files that you have uploaded to TherapyAppointment and assigned to clients for viewing, downloading, or signing within their client portal account. These forms are 'view only' and are not fillable forms. If you wish to create fillable forms for your clients, please use our Custom Online Forms. Clients must have a client portal login to access documents you have assigned to them. Watch a quick video or read the sections below.
Within the Article:
Managing Standard Client Documents requires the role of a therapist, manager, owner. These documents reside on a therapist profile
Managing Standard Client Documents
To manage your Standard Client Documents as a therapist, go to My Profile > under "Standard Client Documents" click
Upload Standard Client Documents
To upload new documents, click the button at the bottom right.
Owners and Managers
Managing Standard Client Documents as a manager and/or owner will look similar, but will have a drop-down at the top for each Provider that can be managed for a group.
From here, you will be asked the following:
- Form Title (required): this is what will be displayed as the document title to both you and clients
- File (required): The file uploaded must be a PDF document or it will not upload. If you try to upload any other file type (.docx, .jpeg, etc) you will receive an error.
- Form Description: This description will be shown to the client about the document.
- Form Instructions: If you have instructions for your clients about this document, include them here.
Beneath that are three different types of Standard Client Document attributes your file can have. They can have all, some, or none of these attributes:
- Require Signature: This is the electronic signature feature. Only one signature can be applied per document.
- Require Reading: This will require the client to read this document, and will indicate to you whether they've opened it within their "Docs & Forms" and if so, on what date.
- Auto-Assign: This document will be automatically assigned to all clients that have a client portal account created going forward.
After finished, click
Edit Standard Client Documents
To edit the properties above of any already uploaded Standard Client Documents, go back to your Standard Client Documents and click
View Assigned Client Documents
To see what specific documents are assigned to a particular client, go to My Clients > Their Name > Docs & Forms > under "Assigned Client Documents" there will be a list of the standard client documents already assigned.
Assign Client Documents
If you have clients that either already exist or do not have the standard client documents, navigate to My Clients > Their Name > Docs & Forms > and click
Assign a Particular Client a Document
To assign a particular document to a client (like say a custom treatment plan you want them and them alone to sign) You'd go to My Clients > Their Name > Docs & Forms > and click button, then select and upload that client's particular document you'd like to assign to just them (you can also set it to require a signature and require viewing).
Unassign Client Documents
If you have a document you would like to unassign and remove from a client's list, navigate to My Clients > Their Name > Docs & Forms > and click the red button on the far right.
Documents that have been viewed and electronically signed already cannot be removed from a client's documents for security and auditing purposes.