Group Therapy Sessions: Creating, Scheduling, Charting, Payments
Looking to chart groups within TherapyAppointment 2.0? These quick steps will show the process for adding a new group, taking payment and starting the chart process.
Within the Article:
Create Client Group
To add a new group, follow these steps:
- Click My Clients from the left static menu
- Click the button
- Complete the required line items, making sure to set up the CPT code typically used for group therapy
- Click Save
Add Clients to Group
Within My Clients the new group will now show at the top of the list.
- Locate and select the newly added group, add every client being seen in the new group
- Click Done
Group Payments and Charting
Once the new group has been created and clients added, it is time to get them on the schedule! Do this as you would a client, via My Schedule. The simplest step is to click on the day/time desired, the add the group. Once the group session has ended, follow these steps for taking payment and charting.
- If not already within the group session view, click the group session within the Schedule view to open up the group profile card
- Check the box for each client that 'Attended'
- Accept Payment when ready
- Start Charting and document any notes notes for the group and individual processes within one screen
- If looking to use a custom chart note template already created, select it from the 'Chart Entry Style' drop-down.
- Document the group process, relevant to the session.
- If needed, select group individuals, noting information pertinent to their individual experience.
- Review and Sign the note ('Finalize and Lock')
Later when looking at the client’s record for the note, notice that the group process and the specific individual’s process is visible within the client’s record.
**NOTE: Writing a note places this on every attendees record. Any individual comments will go only into that client's record, in the appropriate boxes, on the group note.