Quick Note vs. Progress (Session) Note
A Quick Note is typically used when documenting non-billable information in the client's clinical record. This could be a quick call or email you wish to document.
Keep in mind this will become a part of the client's clinical record, and will be printed out with all the other (session) record notes when printing records.
To create a Quick Note, follow these steps:
- Go to Clients (left menu)
- Click on the name of the client, loading their profile
- Click Records (top tab)
- Click the button near the top:
- Enter or adjust any diagnoses and enter your notes
- Then click
Progress (Session) Note
A Progress (Session) Note documents what took place during a client session / appointment, including billable CPT code(s) and optional modifiers.
To document a session note:
- From the Dashboard: click on the appointment → Start Charting
- From the Schedule: click on the appointment → Start Charting