Print/Release Client Records
Need to print client records, like chart notes or treatment plans?
Read on to find out how and where to perform this essential function!
In this Article:
To print records for a client, use the following steps:
- Go to Clients (left menu)
- Click the client's name
- Select Records (top tab)
- Navigate to the 'Print Records' section (scroll or use right-hand quick pick menu)
- Click the button:
This brings you to all the printing options you can select:
- Cover Sheet (yes / no)
- Records to print (all / date range)
- Chart Notes (yes / no)
- Include Unlocked Chart Notes (yes / no)
- Include Psychotherapy Notes (yes / no)
- Current Treatment Plan (yes / no)
- Previous Treatment Plans (yes / no)
- Appointment History (yes / no)
- Insurance Information (yes / no)
- Final Statement (yes / no)
- Include the PHI Release Log (yes / no)
Include who the records were released to, and the purpose, and then click the bottom right button:
Once generated, we display the client records in a new tab in PDF format on your browser, which you can choose to print or save as a PDF with in browser controls (example in Chrome below):
Not seeing your chart notes?
Did you click print and no new tab opens on your browser with your chart notes? You most likely have popups blocked. Check out our handy article on how to enable popups for just our website here.
- Save the above record as a PDF to your computer
- Send a message to the client and upload that PDF as a message attachment and send
- Most importantly: delete the PDF file just downloaded to your computer!
Article: HIPAA compliant messaging system