Taking Payment with International Bancard
Taking a credit card payment is a quick process, once credit card processing using International Bancard (IB) is activated within the 2.0 account. If Cayan was previously used, the provider will notice the extra step needed: choosing their terminal.
Within the Article:
Setting up for Payment
Before beginning to take and process a payment, ensure that the terminal has been turned on.
- Click My Clients from the left-hand menu
- Locate and select your client
- Select Billing & Insurance from the top tabs
- Click the button
- Ensure the Credit Card payment option is selected
- Click Continue
- Confirm the payment amount, then click the button
*At this stage, if there is not a terminal found, users are presented a message asking them to make sure at least one terminal is turned on.
When ready for payment, the terminal(s) will be listed. We recommend naming the terminal to eliminate confusion, even placing a label on it. For example: “Front Desk 1” or “Front Desk 2".
Ready for Payment
The option to 'Enter Manually' or 'Chip or Swipe' appears, along with Save this card for future use.
- Enter Manually - the terminal walks the user through collecting card number, expiration, CVV and/or ZIP
- Chip or Swipe - the terminal walks the user through chip, swipe, tap (or card-present technology it supports)
- Cancel Payment - cancels this option/payment completely
- 'Save this card for future use' is enabled by default
Taking a Payment
The terminal reader will signify the next steps. Insert or enter the information and allow the terminal reader to process and complete the transaction. Once complete, the payment behaves like a normal payment.
Can I save a card without a charge?
Our development team is looking for a way to do this, but at the current moment, you must make a charge (even something like $1) to save the card. There is no workaround to this.
Updating a saved card
To update anything for a card, including the expiration date, you will want to completely re-save the card by taking a payment as you normally would with the client, opting to save the new card and details, then locate the old card (In the client profile under "Saved Credit Cards" > click [View] on the old one, then [Delete]).
When payment starts, the user has two minutes to complete the sale on the reader. This is controlled by IB. If the payment fails, an error message is shown that asks the user to 're-try' or 'cancel'.