Client Profile : Main
The client profile holds the client demographics, referral source, emergency contacts, as well as insurance plan information. This is the most-used screen in the client's chart.
In this Article:
Client profile sections in order, top to bottom left to right:
To navigate to the Client Profile, go to:
- Clients (left menu)
- Click the client's name from the list or use filters to narrow it down.
- You will then be brought to the client Profile page
Personal Information (Demographics)
On the client's profile page you may edit basic demographics at the top section including:
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Plus any enabled Customizable Client Demographic fields enabled for the practice. Example shown below:
Below the top section, you'll find the following client options:
Phone & Email
View or update client address, phone numbers, or email addresses here. There can be multiple of the same type of contact (ie: email), but only one can be a default.
If there are multiples, the blue star to the left notes the default email or phone for that contact type:
Article: Client Reminders (phone or email)
Client Memo & Alert
This (alert) appears in various areas of the system like the dashboard, schedule, and client list, as well as the client profile (both).
Article: Client Alerts and Memos
- Providers can click edit to update the diagnosis outside an appointment with a quick note entry.
- Hovering over the diagnosis code (ie: Z63.1) will display the diagnosis description:
- Additionally: Illness onset date (as well as 10 a-c: injured at work / in car accident / other)
View or upload a client photo ID (front & back):
Take a picture, or upload an already saved image:
This only applies to staff uploaded IDs, or clients self-registering
Document who or how your client was referred to your practice. The dropdown menu selector is populated by the referral sources entered in your Practice Contacts list.
Article: Client Referral Source (and Reports)
Here you can update your client's address, and even optionally add a different mailing address.
Here you can view or update any client contacts you may wish to have on file. This is for people like parents, significant others, close friend etc.
This section includes emergency and responsible party contact designations as well:
This is a per provider setting, and can be manually chosen for a client.
Clients entered into TherapyAppointment are automatically designated as new.
Status information is detailed below:
- New: Where clients start out. A first session has not yet been completed for this client. The client may or may not be scheduled for a first appointment
- Active: Clients are automatically moved to 'active' status upon completion of their first session (locked chart note).
- Inactive: This client is no longer going to be included in your main searches, won't come up when scheduling appointments, and won't be able to send messages. To 'search' for an inactive client, be sure and set your search filter to include inactive clients.
Article: Access Inactive Clients
Article: Make a client inactive
Lists any groups the client is a member of. You can also add a client to a group here.
Add, view, or delete any saved card on file. With multiple cards, a blue star will appear to the left of the card marked as default. Click the empty star of another card to change if needed:
If enabled, the client will be charged the flat, private pay rate for all sessions by default. Can be toggled on / off.
Primary & Secondary Insurance
Add, view, edit, or delete any insurance information on file
This feature CANNOT automatically extract data and auto-fill fields from insurance cards.
Example of insurance entered:
With Benefits Confirmations and Pre-Authorizations shown below:
To edit sections, click the square pencil icon to the right or top right:
To view the respective notes (for policy, benefits, and pre-authorizations) click the magnifying glass icon:
Edit Insurance Company
To edit this, click the gear in the top right corner of the Insurer section:
Generate or view insurance verifications using Real Time Eligibility for participating insurance companies:
Article: Insurance Eligibility Verification
To the right we have a menu with other common usages: