Teletherapy in 2.0
Enabling the Teletherapy role requires the role of a manager or owner.
**NOTE: Check first with your local credentialing office and ensure additional requirements for enabling Teletherapy are understood. TherapyAppointment cannot advise you on this!
Teletherapy is available for U.S. residents only. Teletherapy allows the Therapist to remotely see clients for a session, by using their computer's microphone and camera.
To enable Teletherapy for a staff member:
- Click Practice Settings from the left-hand menu
- Select Staff from the top tabs
- Locate the staff name, which brings up the staff Profile view
- Navigate to the 'Permission and Roles' section. Under Roles locate Therapist > Teletherapy
- Click to enable Teletherapy for this therapist
Setting up a Teletherapy Session
To schedule a session, Teletherapy must be enabled within the therapist's permission roles (see steps above).
- Click My Schedule from the left-hand menu
- Create an appointment by clicking within the schedule day/time desired
- Check the 'Teletherapy Session' option
To Change an Existing Appointment to a Telehealth Session
If you have an existing standard appointment on your schedule and would like to change it to a telehealth session, perform the following steps:
- Go to My Schedule and click on the appointment
- Click on the tab
- Change Teletherapy Session? to Yes
Telehealth Session Requirements
The client must have an email address and a client portal account created to access Teletherapy.
To verify if a client has a client portal account, click My Clients > select the client name > under the section "Client Portal Login" determine if they have a username/password set. If they don't have an account, click (this sends an invite email and account sign up link for an account. They have 24 hours to click the link and create an account. If the link expires, a password reset link is accessible from the same section of the client profile.
Starting a Teletherapy Session
15 minutes before the appointment time, both the therapist and the client will be prompted to launch the Teletherapy Session from their dashboard.
The image below reflects the therapist view when a Teletherapy session is ready.
- Access this area by clicking the scheduled appointment
- Click in the alert box to begin session
Teletherapy - Client View
The client will need to sign into their client portal account for Teletherapy access. Their Dashboard provides details related to the Teletherapy session. Clicking the button begins the session.
Teletherapy Waiting Room
**NOTE: It is likely that either the Therapist or the Client will join the session first, before the other. If this occurs, the first person to join the session will enter a Telehealth Waiting Room. In the Waiting Room, the viewer will see a screen indicating details.
(Mobile-Users Only) Microphone and Camera Access
There will be a prompt for device users to allow access to their mobile microphone and camera.